RecoMed takes your privacy seriously. We’ve made our policy as clear as possible so you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.
- The responsible party is Rmed Online (Pty) Ltd of 502 The Landing, 20 Lower Burg Street, Cape Town, 8001 ('RecoMed').
- If you use our booking service you will be asked to provide your name, surname, email address, physical address and ID number.
- If you use our E-Pharmacy service, you will need to upload your prescription and provide us with the requested details.
- On occasion, you may be asked certain health-related questions in a questionnaire on our platform by a Provider.
- The above information will be used for the following purposes:
- in relation to the service you have requested;
- to allow us to provide you with health-related information and recommendations which we think might be of interest to you; and
- for direct marketing to you from us.
- If you do not give us the personal information referred to above we will be unable to provide the requested service to you.
- Your personal information will be stored in an Amazon server in Germany and will be subject to the European Union’s GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
- Part of the service we provide is to keep a record of your health journey with us for future reference by you. We will accordingly retain your personal information until you ask us to delete it. Please note that deletion by RecoMed does not mean that any Providers you may have visited will also delete such information – they will need to be contacted separately.
- We will not pass your personal information to any other party other than is required or desirable in order for us to provide the services you request, for example the Provider you visit, the pharmacy that fulfils the E-Pharmacy service and our business partners who assist us by performing core services such as hosting. We do not share your personal information with any third parties for their promotional purposes. We do not share your personal information with any insurer or medical aid . However, if you use our booking service via an insurer or medical aid, we will inform the insurer or medical aid that you have made an appointment.
- We will use de-identified (anonymous) personal information for statistical and analytical purposes. We will ensure that such de-identified personal information cannot be re-identified.
Last Updated on August 16, 2023.